We are looking for a capable, motivated System Administrator to take over all aspects of the configuration and maintenance of our computer systems. The System Administrator would perform network support and should possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the hardware and software. Daily tasks for the System Administrator include analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Help Desk.
This role is responsible for planning, developing, installation, configuration and maintenance of corporate hardware, software and any related infrastructure. The System Administrator is responsible for diagnosing and resolving performance issues to ensure optimal performance and reliability. He or she will also be accountable for regular system improvements, such as upgrades based on evolving end-user and business requirements.
Primary responsibilities of the System Administrator:
- Installing and configuring software, hardware, and networks.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Excellent problem-solving ability using an in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions.
- Facilitating service desk requests and fields inquiries/problems and providing updates to users on progress and completion of requests through an IT ticketing tool, as per the timeline.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures.
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations.
- Coordinate with ISP, Telephone and Data card vendors.
- Upkeep IT assets inventory.
- Run continuous preventive maintenance activity as per the schedules and maintain documented records.
- Run scheduled IT Audits to ensure any unreported critical issues get addressed and near-future IT requirements are analyzed and planned well in time.
- Manage and support Google Workspace for email solution and other department specific applications. Should be a quick learner to upkeep themself on the new technologies related to the role and organization’s department specific requirements.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance.
- Other IT related duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Windows O.S, Outlook, and other Windows applications.
- Windows AD, DNS, GPO, and WDS(optional).
- LAN, WLAN, Printers, Projectors, VoIP, Door Access Control, CCTV and EPABX/IPX systems.
- On-premises Hardware/Software Firewall.
- VMware or any other on-premises virtualization environment.
- Google Email Solution or any other Cloud/On-premises email system management.
- Microsoft Office 365, Skype, Anti-virus management.
- Online Meeting platform management (Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, GoTo Meeting, etc.).
Basic or working knowledge on the following would be an added advantage:
- On-Premises Video Conference and Audio System end-to-end management.
- Macintosh endpoint management.
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- NAS and Linux Web Servers.